Rockstar Releases Grand Theft Auto IV First Patch: System Requirements, Patch Notes Announced!
Finally after six years, the "Grand Theft Auto IV" or widely known GTA 4 game is getting an update. Its developer has released the new patch this week. However, there is just a bit of a problem. The latest patch unveiled by Rockstar looks to be aimed only at improving the game's operation on the more modern PC versions.
This Tuesday, Nov. 29 the new "Grand Theft Auto IV" DLC was unveiled by the developer along with the patch notes and necessary specs. According to PC Gamer, the recommended system spec for the patch is something like you would find from the typical modern phones these days. Specs recommended include 2.4GHz Core 2 Quad CPU, a RAM of 2GB or 2.5 GB on Windows Vista and a 512MB video card.
— Rockstar Support (@RockstarSupport) November 30, 2016
Meanwhile, the patch available seems to introduce compatibility with Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 which only brings some small performance optimizations. The "Grand Theft Auto IV" DLC includes minor bug fixes but nothing ground-breaking, as per GameSpot.
So far it seems that GTA and its developer has been having some issues with PC. One issue was seen with the latest installment GTA V which at first has no PC release and had to wait until April last year to get it. Game support is hard to get from Rockstar and these lead players to rely on the modding community.
Check out the patch notes below:
- Added error code "WTV270" to indicate a problem with connecting to Windows Live Sign-in Assistant / Games for Windows Live Servers.
- Added Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 to compatible OS check.
- Added Display Controller image in Controller Configuration.
- Fixed a bug which made completing "Out of Commission" mission impossible when frame rate exceeds 60fps.
- Fixed a bug with the "Resource Usage" indicator on graphics cards with more than 2GB of VRAM.
- Fixed a bug that restricted settings changes when using modern video cards.
- Fixed a bug with the map crosshair on certain resolutions.
- Fixed a bug with text scrolling in "Brief" Menu.
- Fixed "drawlist overflow" crash.
- Minor performance optimizations.
"Grand Theft Auto IV" or GTA 4 is an open world action-adventure developed by Rockstar North and published by Rockstar Games. The video game was released in April 2008 for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 while December 2008 for Microsoft Windows. It is the eleventh installment in the Grand Theft Auto series and the first main entry after "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas."
It has been praised for its narrative and design but at the same time, it has been criticized for its depiction of violence and the ability of the characters to commit DUI. However, this did not stop gamers as the game ended up breaking sales records and went on to become the fastest-selling entertainment product during that time.
It has also been named by many critics as one of the greatest video games of all time and even won Game of the Year awards from several gaming publications. The game which is played in the third-person perspective is set in the fictional Liberty City which has three main islands. The story revolves around war veteran Niko Bellic who attempts to escape his past while being under pressure from loan sharks and mob bosses.
© 2016 iSports Times All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.