Nintendo Switch Latest Update: How To Download 'Mario Kart 8 Deluxe' Version 1.1
Nintendo has released "Mario Kart 8 Deluxe" update 1.1 for the Nintendo Switch as the update includes fixes and improvements. Here are the details of the latest version of "Mario Kart 8 Deluxe".
"Mario Kart 8 Deluxe" Update Removes Offensive Hand Gesture
According to Games Spot, the expression in the "Mario Kart 8 Deluxe" involves in raising a clenched fist while the other arm holds the raised bicep. It was used by Inkling Girl as a celebratory sign.
However, the "Italian salute" is considered offensive in some territories, including France, Spain, Italy, Portugal, and much of Latin America. Hence, the gesture has been replaced by a simple fist pump, and photos from NeoGAF user Neiteio show the difference between the pre- and post-patch versions.
Meanwhile, a few other minor changes were also included in the update, such as starting positions in online races. It also changes the invincibility periods after a spin-out and Mii facial expressions, according to WCCF Tech.
"Mario Kart 8 Deluxe" V1.1 Patch Notes Details
As of now, the game's first major update can be downloaded, bringing with it a myriad of little changes to improve the experience. Here are the full patch notes:
- Opponents' names are displayed in the rear view mirror view in online matches.
- Invincibility period after a spin-out or crash is longer in online matches.
- Up to two players can spectate a friend group while they wait to join.
- "Worldwide" and "Regional" modes add players to Mirror and 200cc matches less often.
- Can now properly create a friend lobby when you have 100 or more friends.
- Inkling Girl's animation has been adjusted.
- Starting positions in online races now properly reflect the order in which players join.
- Driver Miis now properly showing facial expressions.
- Tournament clock now properly reflects real-world time.
© 2017 iSports Times All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.